Monday, June 28, 2010

web 2.0 awards

I played around w/ a couple of different sites, wanting to see what's out there. Fortunately (un) my mood today is on the playful side. I looked at "games and entertainment" to see winners but didn't go on any sites. I opted for shopping since I've been banned from buying, thought it would be fun to browse. I played around Etsy and discovered it's a forum for all handmade items. I'm guessing like ebay only handcrafted only. I found at first the options limiting, for instance under category jewelry, necklaces, stone you still had hundreds of items. Then I discovered the search feature and it held my search for different categories under that item.

Very cool site. Useful for library work? Probably not unless a band of handicrafters come through and want to know how to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment